We got word from the Governor yesterday that we can re-open. We can’t offer classes until January 4th, but until then we plan to offer open gym hours.
Here is what you need to know about open gym:
- We can only have 4 people in the space at once to accommodate the 12′ rule.
- We ask that you limit your attendance to 2x per week. If there is a last minute spot available that you can make, you can come more than twice. Just be considerate of the fact that we will only be able to have about 20 people per day.
- You must have an entire space between you and the person next to you, so that we can actually maintain 12′ no matter where you are in your square.
- We marked the spots in the gym where you can workout with a big orange cone, so please choose only those 4 spaces when you come in for your workout time.
- Masks must be worn at all times. Ya’ll have been so good about this, but please be even more stringent than usual, going physically outside if you need a breather, and facing the wall when you need a drink of water.
- You will sign up for a 1-hour block. You need to arrive on time (not early) and leave on time or early, to avoid having too many people in the space. We ask that you don’t sign up for 2 blocks in a row.
- There is a coach on duty in the building, but this is un-coached time. We will have programming available for you on the board, but you are welcome to use any equipment you desire and do whatever workout you want. Just clean up after yourself and return stuff where it belongs.
- Please do not engage in a heavy metcon. I know it’s tempting, but please know this might make others around you feel uncomfortable sharing the space. We have been diligent about doing strength work and limiting heavy breathing, so consider that when you put your workout together.
- Please follow all of the same regulations around avoiding the gym if you are sick, and if you do test positive for COVID, alert us so we can do a full cleaning of the space and let people know if they were in the same room as you. We do not share your name during that process, we just let them know someone tested positive after being in the same room.
We are going to be super strict about the order, so that we don’t have to shut down again. We want to continue to keep you all as safe as humanly possible in this space. Thank you so much for making this work with us and we can’t wait to see you back in the gym again!
Here is the schedule for Dec 19th – 27th:
So as you can see we will have open gym this coming Saturday from 9-10 and 10-11, as well as Sunday from 10-11. The rest of the week will be 12-5 pm open gym, and we are closed for in-person on Christmas day.
Thank you so much, can’t wait to see you soon!